The High Temperature (HT) Lo-CalTM range of flares offers an optimum solution for safe and efficient degassing of old landfill sites or sites with low quality gas. The innovative Lo-CalTM HT flare is designed to provide greater gas control during the latter phases of a landfill site, or gas with a low methane concentration. The Lo-CalTM HT flare has enabled LFG migration and odor control on landfill sites where conventional plant and equipment has failed.
High temperature combustion of gas with low methane concentration is necessary on more and more landfill sites due to increased aftercare requirements. Decreasing gas volumes and lower gas methane concentration require innovative solutions. These systems have been successfully implemented on landfill sites for more than 15 years across Europe, and now have entered the Australian market. The unique feature of this flare is that it has been proven to combust methane at 12 %v/v at over 1,000°C ensuring greater than 98 % destruction efficiency and compliance with Emission Reduction Fund requirements.
The Lo-CalTM Flare range has been designed to comply with the most stringent international emission standards, Emission Reduction Fund requirements and other Australian Regulations.
Our Lo-CalTM flare systems includes the following range and specification:
• Custom built flow rate range from 30 to 1,000 m3/hr.
• Automatic flame temperature control.
• Non-Visible, Pre-Aerated, Turbulent Diffusion Flame Combustion.
• Gas booster custom built to requirements up to – 250 mbar.
• Flame temperature: 1,000°C minimum at 12 % v/v CH4.
• Retention time: 0.5 seconds.
• A range of optional instrumentation including flow rate, inlet gas and emissions analysis and trending.
• Remote access and control, data-logging, and SMS text options.
• Flame detection: Self-checking UV sensor.
• Colour to customer’s specification.